Sunday, 6 October 2013

More Love For Urban Decay (24/7 Glide On Eyeliner)






So I have another Urban Decay review today. Is it obvious I am obsessed with the brand? Their products for eye make-up are especially fantastic and in my opinion are right up there at the top with the likes of MAC. They are known for their rich pigmented, long lasting shades and these eyeliner pencils are exactly that. 

These little babies are perfectly creamy and waterproof which is what every eyeliner should be, in my opinion. The colour selection is the best I have ever seen, with 40 different shades ranging from blacks and browns to shocking neon pinks and metallic. There is something to suit everyone and every eye look whether you want something subtle or something bright and colourful.

I have 2 of the eyeliners, along with one I stole from Mammy's make up bag (sorry). I would definitely use these every single day, depending on what look I am going for. I tend to be a bit boring with colour and opt for neutral shades all the time so the pinks, greens and blues wouldn't be for me however, I wouldn't say no to trying them! 



The packaging is completely true to the actual colour.


Zero, the perfect black. I mainly use this when I am doing a full on black smokey eye. It defines the eyes amazingly. I have light blue eyes so tend to stay away from this for daytime wear or when wearing a light smokey eye as it can be a bit too dark and intense and can really close up the eye. (Thank you to Karen for gifting it to me!)

Bourbon, this shade is absolutely stunning. Its a really nice medium brown with gold glitter running throughout. This would definitely be my go-to shade as the hint of gold really brings out the blue in my eyes. This goes perfectly with my everyday bronze smokey eye using the shades Half Baked, Smog and Darkhorse from the Urban Decay Naked Palette as they are all warm-toned.

Underground, another go-to shade. This is again, a medium brown but with (from what I can see) silver/taupe glitter running throughout. This colour would be more suited to people with brown or green eyes as the silver creates a great contrast, although, it doesn't stop me from wearing it. I usually pair it with my pinkish plum smokey eye, using the shades Sin, Sidecar, Hustle and Toasted from the Urban Decay Naked Palette as they are all slightly more cool-toned. 




I am currently lusting after the shades Smog (matches the eyeshadow), which is a brown but with copper glitter particles and Corrupt, another brown but with both reddish/copper and silver glitter. I really need to stop with the browns...




Available at Debenhams and Urban Decay counters at around 15-18euro per pencil.




Look out for the 24/7 Glide On gift-sets which I think are usually out around Christmas time at really decent prices. I know there is a complete collection of all the shades but that may have been a limited edition, like their 15th Anniversary gift-set. 






No comments:

Post a Comment