Tuesday, 22 October 2013

Howiya Liebster Awards!






What a lovely little surprise! 


I am so fecking DELIGHTED to be nominated for a Liebster Award by the lovely Sarah over at Beauty With Brushes. I am so happy I was even considered by Sarah, and wasn't even aware she knew of my blog until now! This little blog started as a hobby but has grown considerably since it began in August. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to put a lot of time into it recently as I'v been working a lot but I will get into a routine and post more frequently. 

For now, I will get onto the whole reason behind this post. The Liebster Awards is all about sharing new blogs and helping them get discovered. The rule is to nominate blogs with below 200 followers, and I am waaaay below 200 so Sarah, again, thank you for this nomination! 


There are a few little fun rules of this competition which I have learned from reading Sarah's post;

- Thank and link your nominator, which I have already done. ;)

- Post 11 facts about yourself.

- Reply to the 11 questions your nominator has come up with.

- Make up your own 11 questions to set to your own nominees. 

- And finally, link 5 or 11 blogs that you wish to nominate.




So, I better get cracking with it!




11 facts about myself; 
(apologies in advance if these are extremely boring)


1. I have 5 sisters, which nearly everyone finds fascinating and hard to believe!

2. I rarely wear any coloured clothes. My mam calls me her "mono-chrome daughter".

3. This has led to my obsession with white t shirts  I have over 30 and still haven't found the perfect one. Sad, I know.

4. I have OCD of some kind. 

5. I have a few strange phobias; a fear of dust and er, bathrooms. I wish I was kidding.

6. I am sarcastic a lot of the time. So much so that people generally never know when I am being serious or not.


7. I have 4 pets; 2 ginger cats called BamBam and Carl and 2 dogs called Charlie and Dougal. If you think those names are strange, we have called previous cats Kevin, Fatass, Chelsea and Ruby. We had reasons, I swear.

8. I have wanted to be an architect since I was about 7 when my mam told me what a person who designs houses was.

9. I am obsessed with the program Grand Designs. And yes, I do fancy the arse of the presenter Kevin McCloud. Go on, judge me!  I am also obsessed with The US Office. My friend Ailbhe and I would proper cry laughing at that show. It never gets old.

10. I am a Coeliac, someone who is allergic to gluten. So I can't eat bread and cakes and all those lovely things. I expect lots of pity...

11. I love rugby. And not just because the players wear tiny shorts. 







Now onto Sarah's questions;


1. When did you start your blog and why? I started my blog in August 2013 because I was bored and needed to focus my energy on something I enjoyed and knew a lot (probably only a little bit) about.

2. What is your most expensive piece of makeup? The soon-to-be-mine Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair serum. That stuff is seriously pricey! 

3. What brand of brushes do you use? All brands raging from cheap to fairly expensive. If it works, I don't care where its from. I have a great little blending brush from H&M! At the moment, the Real Techniques brushes are a favourite!

4. What would you describe your style as? Most would describe it as boring! haha, as mentioned I mainly stick to a plain colour palette. I am fairly simple. My usual outfit is a pair of black skinnies, white top and leather jacket/blazer with cons. Or even more usually, a pair of Cantos and  a comfy hoody. 

5. What is your favourite type/pair of shoes? Without a doubt, My Christian Louboutins. Yes, I have to squeeze my feet into them but the pain is so worth it. 

6. How & where do you store your makeup and brushes? I usually chuck everything into a big box I have in my room. It's handier to keep everything together so on a busy morning, I can grab the box and I know everything is there. As for my brushes, I keep them in my favourite mug on top of my dresser. Not much more will fit into it though.

7. What one item is always in your handbag? Asides from the obvious- wallet, passport, glasses and a bit of make-up... Probably chewing gum. 

8. Do you own more high end or drugstore makeup? Honestly, I think this one is 50/50. I really enjoy to slurge and treat myself to high end stuff. I will save and save for just one item! I also equally love purchasing drugstore make-up. Howiya, Rimmel!

9. What is your favourite TV show & why? Close call between Grand Designs and The US Office. I'l go with The Office because it will always remind me of one of my best friends, Ailbhe. And it will always make me laugh. Genius writing.

10. Describe your skin care regime. Oh jaysus, I barely have a regime! For someone with shite skin this is pretty bad, I know. I always cleanse and moisturize. Exfoliate when needed. That's pretty much it but I promise, I will make it better!


11. Daddy or chips? I'm not quite sure what this question is, but I will go with chips? Assuming its the food. I  do love food.





My 11 super interesting questions for you;

1. What has been the proudest moment in your life?

2. Your most beloved make-up product? Only one now ;)

3. If your friends described you in one sentence, what would it be?

4. Nights in or nights out?

5. Do you love an oul selfie? I will admit, I do. 

6. What is your wardrobe staple?

7. What was your blog inspiration? I know mine was Beaut.ie 

8. Your guilty pleasure? Mine is Kevin McCloud. 

9. Top beauty tip?

10. How do you like your eggs in the morning?

11. Are you bored yet? 



And finally, my nominees; 













Even Dougal is delighted.





Disclaimer: I took these photos from Google and I'm not sure if that is allowed. 






9 comments:

  1. Your blog is lovely!!!! Would you like to follow each other on bloglovin' ? xxx
    Gleaming Spire // Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. absolutely!! Il follow you right away :)

      Delete
  2. Wonderful post...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. done :) thanks so much for reading my blog! Means a lot :) x

      Delete
  3. WOW! you have 5 sisters, that's amazing! I wish I have 5 sisters...
    Ohmy, you can't eat bread and cakes?? That's not fun at all. I pity you.
    ohh btw you look flawlessly gorgeous on the photo. =)
    Love your blog.
    I just follow you on google+ and bloglovin.
    I really hope that you want to follow me back. Thank you so much.
    XOXO
    Sincerely Renny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha you don't wish that!
      thank you Renny :')

      followed you back :)

      Delete
  4. thank you so much for the nomination :)

    Really does mean a lot! xx

    ReplyDelete

  5. Thank you so much for the follow.
    Follow you back on bloglovin.
    Btw,I'm also on Instagram,maybe you like my account?
    Lovely greets from germany ;-)

    ReplyDelete